Teachers are encouraged to take part in the workshop! One of the main goals of Triple S is to introduce students and teachers alike to lifelong learning. We never stop learning and many of the teachers who have joined in have discovered how much fun they were having. The students surrounding them noticed their enthusiasm and discovered the joy of lifelong learning firsthand.
Triple S supports the National Standards for Music Education:
1. Singing, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
2. Performing on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
3. Improvising melodies, variations, and accompaniments.
4. Composing and arranging music within specified guidelines.
5. Reading and notating music.
6. Listening to, analyzing, and describing music.
7. Evaluating music and music performances.
8. Understanding relationships between music, the other arts, and disciplines outside the arts.
9.Understanding music in relation to history and culture.
(National Association for Music Eduction: http://musiced.nafme.org/resources/national-standards-for-music-education/h)